Mile High Connects is a broad partnership of organizations from the private, public and nonprofit sectors that are committed to increasing access to housing choices, good jobs, quality schools and essential services via public transit. By increasing resources, influencing policy, working with residents and leveraging the current and expanding Metro Denver transit system, Mile High Connects will use transit to promote a vital region full of opportunity for everyone. Our mission is to ensure that the Metro Denver regional transit system fosters communities that offer all residents the opportunity for a high quality of life.
Mile High Connects is excited to announce the release of our grant guidelines for Equitable Transportation Initiatives in the Denver Region.
With contributions from local and national funders, MHC leveraged a grant from the National Convergence Partnership Innovation Fund to establish the MHC Grant Fund. This fund will offer small grants for effective, integrated approaches to building healthy and prosperous communities and ensuring equity and opportunity in health, education, jobs and affordable housing as they relate to public transportation in the Denver Metro Area. More information about the Convergence Partnership Innovation Fund can be found at www.convergencepartnership.org/InnovationFund.
MHC is interested in funding effective, integrated approaches to building healthy and prosperous communities and ensuring equity and opportunity through transit in the Denver Metro Area. Specifically, we seek to fund efforts that will:
- Increase resources to build affordable, inclusive communities along the transit system.
- Influence policy to ensure that all people are involved and considered in urban and economic planning.
- Increase resident engagement in neighborhoods directly affected by the expanding transit system.
- Leverage the existing and expanding transit system to link affordable housing with jobs, schools and health services.
- Work to make the entire public transit system more accessible to residents of the Denver regionís lowest income communities.
Grant Deadlines for 2013: August 15, 2013; October 15, 2013; December 15, 2013.
Grant Application Workshop PowerPoint: click here.
How to Apply: Click here for the application. If possible, please combine all application documents into a single PDF document and submit via email. Please submit all applications to:
Davian Gagne, Mile High Connects Coordinator
Mail: 55 Madison Street, 8th Floor, Denver, Colorado 80206